Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Almost

Almost a month since the surgery, can I celebrate?

I want to write, because for once I have time and can, and because I
have thoughts I want to write down and remember.

That's the tricky bit, though. Sitting at the computer brings on an
aurora borealis with cosmic vibes and universal proportions--in my
head. My ears hum and buzz, static crawls just beneath my scalp, and
I feel like someone is using a whisk to beat my brain into stiff,
swirled peaks.

It might be the upstairs noise, the light, or maybe my mind responding
to the overwhelmingly large monitor.

In any case, I'm trying to graffiti-peck my e-communications on a PDA.
In the sage language of Homer (Simpson), "Doh!"

Might be another month. Until then I have paper, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, February 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Joyce, yes, it is a celebration- to celebrate You!
The night before your surgery, after putting the precious little babies to sleep, I sat at your computer and cried and cried because you were supposed to be there chatting and net surfing,not being prepped for brain surgery in the morning. I wondered how I would make it through the night waiting for the morning. I wished it were already morning. Then, the Bible verse for which I named you came to mind.
... though there shall be weeping for a night, joy cometh in the morning.
I wiped my tears and got up. I knew you would be fine. God brought me Joy when you were born and God would bring me joy again! I gathered your clothes and got ready for your return home.
"For I know the plans I have for you, sys the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jer 29:10
love, MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home